How Will New Technology Change the Content Distribution Market?
Saturday, February 4th, 15:30-17:00
New platforms and methods of cinema and TV content distribution are appearing together with new technology, and this is largely changing the distribution market. The types of rights are growing exponentially but what are the qualitative changes, and is it possible to commercialise all rights?
- What the new types of rights are appearing and how does this influence the system of “windows” in distribution of content rights?
- The viewer uses a lot more different platforms for watching content – are producers and content right owners ready for these changes, and what do they need to do in order to adapt quickly to them?
- What technology helps right owners to distribute and commercialise video content successfully as well as manage the growing possibilities to broadcast it for free?
- How do distributors integrate with IT companies such as YouTube and Facebook for content marketing purposes?
- What does “cloud computing” mean and what changes does it bring for producers and right owners?
- What types of rights can provide sufficient compensation from losses incurred by the decline of the DVD market?
- How can cross platform technology influence the distribution market?