Breakthrough Hit Creation: A Gift of Foresight or Calculation?
Saturday, February 4th, 15:30-17:00
Producers from all studios and TV channels are racking their brains trying to create new original ideas that will grow into long-lasting franchises in the future. How do they determine what an audience wants to watch now and in what they will desire in a year or two? What mechanisms exist to identify the current trends and, more importantly, how can we learn to create future trends?
- How to estimate whether a movie will be interesting for the audience by the time it is released.
- Who leads – the producer or the audience? Are there any mechanisms for creating audience interest?
- How to use new media platforms to create next generation TV and cinema content.
- How to find a compromise between a scriptwriter’s creative boldness and a producer’s cautiousness.
- Any franchise or series runs the risk of burning out after its first season. How can this be avoided and where can inspiration be drawn from?