“Cinema and Money”
Investments in cinema, television, and new media
The Russia Forum 2012 Special day
February 4, 10:00 – 19:00
Digital October | 6 Bersenevskaya Emb., Moscow
On February 4, 2012, as part of The Russia Forum 2012, for the first time ever in Moscow, at the initiative of Sberbank of Russia, Troika Dialog and Cinemotion Group, a number of discussions and round tables dedicated to current issues and trends of the Russian and international cinema and television market as well as the specifics of investing in cinema, television and media assets.
Events of this special day of The Russia Forum 2012 are part of the programme for supporting social projects, which is being implemented by Sberbank of Russia and Troika Dialog.
For the first time ever at the forum, this event will gather together ideologists and leaders of the cinema, television and new media industry, heads of media holdings, televisions channels, studio complexes, major production companies, cinema distribution chains, investment funds, banks, international legal and consulting companies, ministries and agencies.
The following are some of the topics which will be discussed at the events of the special day:
- Which changes to the industry will be unavoidable in 2012 and why?
- How are new technologies changing the process for creating and distributing cinema and television content?
- Do movie theatres and film distribution/exhibition have a future?
- Private-public cinema partnerships: what will change in 2012?
- What path will studio complexes take in terms of development?
- Will Russia, the largest importer in the world of television formats, be able to turn into an exporter?
- What predictions for 2012 are analysts making on the basis of statistics regarding television viewing, cinema screenings, the advertising market and global trends?
- How can you finance film production at the expense of advertisers?
- What is “transmedia” from the point of view of creativity, technology and business, and why do many experts think that transmedia will become the hot global topic of 2012?
- Which interactive projects will be popular with future generations?
- Is Russia on the threshold of a new wave of independent cinema? And if so, what does this mean for the industry?
- Media piracy: do we really need to combat it?
- How and where to find new ideas and talent?
- How will the joint production market with Great Britain, France, the USA and other countries develop?
- Will two worlds (computer games and cinema) finally cross paths in Russia in 2012?
Date and time of event: February 4, 10:00-19:00
Venue: Digital October, 6 Beresenevskaya Embankment, Moscow
Organisers: Sberbank of Russia, Troika Dialog, Cinemotion Group